Welcome LGBTIQ Friends & Family! Forums *Social Group*

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of DadLarry DadLarry 6 months, 1 week ago. This post has been viewed 8 times

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of DadLarry

Today is April 18, 2016 and I am 73 years and two days old and once again, I have found Jesus. 

I first found Jesus when he found me at three years of age and told me that I was to minister for him. At the time, I had no idea what he meant.  In fact, at that point I am not sure I recognized what he was.  All I knew was that he was a man surrounded by the lambs I had come out to the barn to see and I became scared and cried out for my mother When she came, she did not mention anyone else being there but said I said to her “Why were you not taking care of me? He had to protect me. I am suppose to minister for him.”  Very strange words from a three year old.

I was raised in the Lutheran Church, Missouri Synod in and around Greenfield, Iowa and the next time I met Jesus was on the 21st day of April, 1957 (Easter) at my confirmation when I knelt at the altar and my Pastor A.W. Vogel laid his hand on my head, recited Psalm 26:11, and I felt fire as of the Holy Spirit as the words “But as for me, I will walk in mine integrity: redeem me, and be merciful unto me.” flowed through me.

Many times in my life since that time I have talked with the Lord, I walked with him when I was active in the Charismatic Churches in Chicago, Illinois, in Tama, Iowa, in Davenport, Iowa, In Roseville, Hopkins, and Minneapolis, Minnesota, and now in Iowa City.  Some were more Charismatic than others but in each, I felt the path beneath my feet.

In Iowa City, I attended two ELCA Churches which were very good but something was lacking. At the Senior Center I started taking classes in Progressive Christianity with Rev. Louis DeGrazia, a retired UCC “Congo” Minister who had taught at several Seminaries.

This week, Saturday, April 16, 2016, while researching the teachings I had received at the Lay Ministry Training Center in Roseville, I came across an article in which pointed out that four well-known Charismatic teachers, Bob Mumford, Derek Prince, Charles Simpson, and Don Basham, along with Ern Baxter and John Poole, formed an organization that would be ‘the center of one of the most violent controversies (i.e., the Discipleship/Shepherding controversy) in Protestant charismatic history,’ Christian Growth Ministries (CGM), headquartered in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, which had been lead teachers at LMTC . You will remember that it was this group that demanded that I attend Exodus and become ex-gay.

Eight years later, I was lead by the Holy Spirit to Reconciled in Christ and became Ex-Ex-Gay and back on the true Path.  In fact Rev. John Brown (aka Brother Lawrence Damien) and I had discussed much of this in Hot Topics over the years.

At I noticed that it was by “Darrin Patrick out at The Journey and Acts 29. Long time dudebro, TGC member and author of The Dude’s Guide to Manhood.” who was the apparent site Master.  Act 29 is a Church planting group but it was The Journey which intrigued me, centered at St Louis, Missouri, it has a home page at which features the St Louis Gateway Arch and the slogan “One Church, One Vision” and in the upper left hand corner, the word JESUS.  By clicking that word, you come to the apparent beliefs of the church including a very compelling Video by the pastor.

Something bothers me about it and I am afraid it is another Shepherding movement, I hope it is not but I have been through the Ex-Gay brain washing, once, and once was enough.

The Next Article will be on a Very Excellent Video I have just discovered “The Mask You Live IN”.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.