Hallowed is Thy "Spirit" – Devotion 7/26/2016

Welcome LGBTIQ Friends & Family! Forums Daily Devotions Hallowed is Thy "Spirit" – Devotion 7/26/2016

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mary Anonymous 2 months, 4 weeks ago. This post has been viewed 5 times

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of drdj

Meditation for the Day

”Hallowed be Thy Name.” What does that mean to us? Here “name” is used in the sense of “spirit.” The words mean praise to God for His spirit in the world, making us better. We should be especially grateful for God’s spirit, which gives us the strength to overcome all that is base in our lives. His spirit is powerful. It can help us to live a conquering, abundant life. So we praise and thank Him for His spirit in our lives and in the lives of others. 

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may be grateful for God’s spirit in me. I pray that I may try to live in accordance with it.

Profile photo of mary

I never looked at “name” as “spirit”.  It is certainly much more encompassing.  I always thought of that part of the Lord’s Prayer as respecting the name(s) of God by not swearing or using the Lord’s name in vain like saying “Oh my God!” unless you are truly in awe of something and are magnifying God.

I like this interpretation very much!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.