Give Thanks for all Things

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Grace Grace 4 months, 2 weeks ago. This post has been viewed 19 times

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Grace
    Grace
    Participant

THANK ME for the very things that are troublesome to you. You are on the brink of rebellion, precariously close to shaking your fist in My Face. You are tempted to indulge in just a little complaining about my treatment of you. But once you step over that line, torrents of rage and self-pity can sweep you away. The best protection against this indulgence is thanksgiving. It is impossible to thank Me and curse Me at the same time.

Thanking Me for trials will feel awkward and contrived at first. But if you persist, your thankful words, prayed in faith, will eventually make a difference in your heart. Thankfulness awakens you to My Presence, which overshadows all your problems.

From  Jesus Calling-devotional by Sarah Young- (June 22).

Please allow me to add a little of my own insight- It is said that all living things and beings,<span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>¬†must¬†¬†breathe and eat to live</span>. For sometime now I have found out that God’s food ¬†is our PRAISES (Hebrews 13:15 KJV). But what He breathes only came to me couple days ago. I’ll share it verbatim- “Thanks is to God what air is to human beings.” That has added a new dimension to my thanksgiving, now that I believe that thanksgiving and praises keep God alive in my life.¬†Throughout Scriptures we are admonished to give thanks and praises to God. May God help us to do that.

Grace.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.