This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of pianoplayer pianoplayer 5 months ago. This post has been viewed 13 times

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mattieboitx

A couple of weeks ago my mom went to the ER for stomach pains, and that same day went in for surgery to remove her gallbladder, and they noticed a mass on her kidney. Yesterday (Thursday) she had a small part of her kidney removed. She will be home tomorrow, but they are doing test on the mass to make sure it isn’t cancer. This isn’t my first rodeo, back in 2008 my dad had colon cancer and I stopped school and got an early morning job to take care of him.¬† Now, I will be doing the same for my mom, she is gonna need a lot of help moving around, doctors orders, and Nurse Mattie won’t take any attitude (okay I will, since she is my mother). So lots of prayers to make it a benign tumor that they took out

Profile photo of mary

So sorry to hear this news Matt. Perhaps the gallbladder pain was a blessing in disguise.

Prayers that all will go according to God’s best plan. Prayers that your mom will receive all that she needs as she goes through this ordeal. Prayers for you to have strength to do the things that need to be done.

God bless your family,

Profile photo of mattieboitx

Thank You Mary, mom is home and walking around… running a little fever but that is normal after a surgery like this.

Profile photo of drdj

Please keep us updated so our prayers can be appropriate

Profile photo of pianoplayer

Hey Mattie!

I’m sorry to have to meet under these circumstances, but I hope enough people have told you what an awesome¬†son you are, especially to put your life on hold and for you to “have to be the parent” twice. ¬†My mom is 91 y.o. and for all I know in perfect health. Should the time come that she needs special care, I will use you as inspiration.

I pray¬†there’s much more improvement in your mom’s health at this date, but prayers for the biopsy will be negative.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.