Devotion 29.7.17 – Temptation

Christian Gays Forums Daily Devotions Devotion 29.7.17 – Temptation

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mary 1 year, 10 months ago. This post has been viewed 504 times

• Author

mary
    Participant

Oh yes, I agree whole-heartedly DJ. If it were not for the temptation and the struggle with my faith for all those years there would be no Christian Gays.

I do believe that God can bring good out of every situation.

drdj
    Participant

I have known this verse far too long. I never used it as you MAry BUT I have come to believe it is not God who tempts nor Satan. I believe there are natrual events which we cannot avoid but our faith will see us finding the answer.

Let me give an example. A couple in our Church 30 years ago had a son (in his 20s) who moved home ill with Cancer(????? AIDS ?????) and the congregation had a laying on of hands prayer service but he died. Several months later his Dad took th epulpit and talked about how they had been wracked with pain as they watched their son die BUT how in the aftermath of his deathm they saw the goodness of God in all they suffered and the added strength it had given them I was/am moved by the sermon and know God will be with me and teach me no matter wheat – that does not mean He will change circumstances. He made me as I am and He will take me when He determines it is time.

mary
    Participant

Boy, this is one verse I know well. It used to be part of my every day when I was trying not to be lesbian. So glad that part of my life is behind me.

drdj
    Participant

Meditation for the Day

“God will not suffer you to be tempted above what you are able, but with the temptation He will also find a way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.” If you have enough faith and trust in God, He will give you all the strength you need to face every temptation and to overcome it. Nothing will prove too hard for you to bear. You can face any situation. “Be of good cheer. I have overcome the world.” You can overcome any temptation with God’s help. So fear nothing.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may face every situation without fear. I pray that nothing will prove too hard for me to bear.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.