Reply To: An article on anti-gay Mike Pence

Welcome LGBTIQ Friends And Family! Forums Reply To: An article on anti-gay Mike Pence

Profile photo of mary

Your last sentence is one I fully agree with. My own inclination is to be Republican. That is until Iraq, the first time I went out and stood in a public square with a candle against that war. I believe very strongly in the pacifism of the Quakers. The current deficit/debt is largely because of that war (trillions) and the financial mess which started in 2007/8 because of the loosening of regulations which had been in place. The continuing decreasing deficit results from paying interest on that debt (but luckily Congress and Obama have reduced the deficit significantly.

I am not a supporter of Clinton as I have seen too many suspicious things in the past.

I find Trump offensive and I find he is too interested in himself and too quick tempered in what he says (and then tries to walk it back) so why would we trust him to be diplomatic and considered when he makes decisions? Like letting the nuclear war start?

Finally, you quote his motto of Make America Great Again. WHEN WAS IT GREAT? Most people when asked think of the 50s but there were no civil rights, no voting rights, no women in the workforce without discrimination (they could refuse to hire you just because you might have a baby), no rights for gays, and segregated schools. The movie The Help depicts that era. Is there another time you would say America was GREAT that we would want to go back to?