Reply To: How do I even begin to respond to this?

Welcome LGBTIQ Friends & Family! Forums *Social Group* How do I even begin to respond to this? Reply To: How do I even begin to respond to this?

Profile photo of Grace
Grace
Participant

Dear Polly,

Thank you for posting. My very first same sex relationship started 1976 and lasted for twelves. Every thing between us was great most of the times. We did everything together, and I mean everything. Seldom was one seen without the other. Church was perhaps the only place where  we both were never seen.

She was a Baptist and although their doctrine was also against her life stile, Geri (that was her name), with regard her sexuality,  was the most confident person  I ever met. From day one she knew that she was made that way, there was never ever any doubt in her mind. In turn that lend to her a boldness and confidence that was undergirded by something far greater than herself. Now why did you tell about Geri, simply because, I on the other hand was the EXACT opposite .

I was brought up hearing all the fire and brimstone sermon against same sex relationship and had internalized¬† every word.¬†As far back as I can remember, my fantasy and sexual¬†¬† feelings was for a woman, still my religious upbringing allowed me to believe that it was all “sin.”¬† So for the 12yrs I lived with Geri¬†I was always under the cloud of guilt.¬†The break through for me¬†came ¬†when ¬†I perceived what was a call from the Almighty Himself. My first inclination was that I had¬†to refrain from my lifestyle; but by some strange event (too long to elaborate here) I realized that it was not the lifestyle that God was after but rather that He¬†was not¬†given first place in my life.

Still I could not rationalize my lesbian relationship with the Bible. At that point I set myself out to find out what, if there was any literature out there to help me with the dilemma I faced. After three to four years I was very satisfied with what I read. Now I am very happy with what I am, and very, very happy that God has first place in my life. I would strongly suggest that one read the literature relative to the subject, and ask for guidance on the matter. There is a whole lot of literature on this site Рthere is a link to the old site.

I find it rather strange that Jesus never touched the subject once in his 3 1/2yrs ministry here on the earth. I will admit that that was not what was laid out at the creation, but neither was there different races; different colour; different language.¬†God had not intended rain either. But we live the best way we can with the hand that is dealt. and let us “change the things we can, accept the things we cannot change; and the wisdom to know the difference.”

May God be with you and your  Ex.

Grace